This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 08-25-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Red face get my son a job

Two old friends meet in the financial heart of a big city.
- Are you still Executive Vice-President in that Corporation? -
- Oh, sure I am... why? -
- Well, my son has just got his College degree, and I'd like him to start some job, just to educate him to the work. -
- Well, let's see... I could employ him as a CEO. All he'd need to do would be to be present at the Board of Directors reunions when I call him, and say the bullshit I suggest him. 15'000 bucks monthly, is it okay? -
- Humm... to be honest, that's too much. He's just starting. Don't you have something simpler? -
- Of course I have: Auditor General. All he'll have to do will be finding the errors in the reports that his employees will submit to him. 9'000 bucks monthly. -
- C’mon, I told you, that's still a lot! Something more humble, to start with! -
- Okay, then... Sales manager! Shout orders and piss workers off two times a day, 5'000 bucks monthly plus entertainment expenses reimbursed.-
- But, don't you have REALLY something more humble for a kid to start learn what the real WORK is?-
- Well... there'd be a position as a simple employee. He has to have a good knowledge of financial and technical problems, struggle daily with managers, directors and fellow workers, work overtime without being paid for it, work his ass off so that his bosses can brag of his results as if them were theirs. 900 bucks monthly. -
- Yeah, that's it, that'd be perfect! -
- Impossible, can't hire him. For that position, we require PhD, Masters Degree, and at least five years of previous working experience -
... .. -. -.-
Old 08-25-2006

Default Already posted by me on the old board.

Here (Google cached version of the thread).
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-26-2006

Arrow humpffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-The Italian Commie

Here (Google cached version of the thread).

[a] I never claimed the paternity for any of the jokes I place on the board.
[b] We have new guests that might not know the old board.
[c] It's just a joke
[e] T.J. told no rules about the jokes (i.e. - can only post a brand new one that was never in the old board, that itsn't in google and it was never read by anyone before)

I believe I'm not an outlaw (at least for "the joke of the day").

../ct
... .. -. -.-
Old 08-26-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee
[a] I never claimed the paternity for any of the jokes I place on the board.
[b] We have new guests that might not know the old board.
[c] It's just a joke
[e] T.J. told no rules about the jokes (i.e. - can only post a brand new one that was never in the old board, that itsn't in google and it was never read by anyone before)

I believe I'm not an outlaw (at least for "the joke of the day").

Easy, man!
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 08-27-2006

Thumbs up

Quote:
Easy, man!

ok
no problemo
in "the joke of the day" there's no way to argue
good area to practice some english

by the way, how's the water in Sardinia?
Here in Novgorod there's already heavy fog and 15°C
../ct
... .. -. -.-
Old 08-27-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTee
By the way, how's the water in Sardinia?
Here in Novgorod there's already heavy fog and 15°C

We have had an incredibly bad and cold Summer which almost ruined the touristic season, here (so much for the Bush's speeches about how "marginal" the Global Warming effect is... ). The average temperature in August for the coastal areas has been 25°C (it should have been at least 10°C higher), cloudy days for most of the time with some rain (very VERY uncommon in August), and mild-to-strong northern and north-eastern winds for most of the time making the sea very rough. Weather forecasting experts now say that we will "recover" some genuine Summertime days from now to half-September, but I wouldn't bet my ass on it, and besides it'll be too late for the touristic incomes.
I didn't went to the beach one single day, this year.

Old 08-29-2006

Thumbs up well known

the weather is like the lottery

I was lucky when, some years ago, I took a great vacation in your island. Over a month with non-stop perfect weather.
But don't worry. Bad weather is important to make you enjoy more the good one when it comes. The only problem is tourism business: for sure nobody will get back the lack of income...

...that's life

p.s. - "I didn't went..." should be "I didn't go..." (that's the USA influence in your english)
../ct
... .. -. -.-

Last edited by CeeTee : 08-29-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-29-2006

Send a message via AIM to JCoyote

Quote:
so much for the Bush's speeches about how "marginal" the Global Warming effect is...
Well there are numerous cycles, and there is one piece of global warming effect almost nobody realizes: the earth's magnetic field. It is in a declining period of a couple hundred years (which might end in a pole flip). Anyway, as the field weakens more energy from the sun hits earth and things get warmer. But we have nothing to do with that, and there isn't anything we can do to change it.

But anyway, that is another contention regarding human activities and the environment. There is a strong possibility that environmental changes are neither our fault nor anything we can do anything about.

A person convinced that the ends justify the memes.
Old 08-29-2006

Default We're probably /speeding up/ global warming...

We may be speeding up global warming. I mean, it's really not as if greenhouse gasses don't do /anything/.

But in all likelyhood, our contribution is probably marginal at best. I mean, it appears from what I've read that water vapor is a damn powerful greenhouse gas on its own.

We could cut our greenhouse gas emissions to /zero/ and we wouldn't stop global warming. It's something that this planet is going to do whether we like it or not and it does not need our help to do so.
Old 08-30-2006

Default swimming

what did the fish say when he ran into the wall? Damn!