This Day in History

Daily Cartoon provided by Bravenet

Old 09-02-2006
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Armorer
Default New Toy Finally!!

After looking at my options, haggling with the store owner, I acted... Kimber TLE/RL II
I plan on adding some aluma grips and maybe a kimpro mag as backup. if the FLGR doesn't work out, I'll replace it with a half length plug and rod.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell

Last edited by Armorer : 09-02-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2006
Super Moderator

Nice!
Old 09-02-2006
Super Senior member - Has no life and spends a lot of time here

Default Sweet!!!

Beretta.

I'm kinda glad you didn't get the DW. One more out there for me!

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 09-02-2006
Administrator

hey hey!
If Beretta made a 1911, I'd own one-- all my shotguns are Beretta and rightly so amigo. I've shot everything from 200 pop guns to 80,000 dupont and Krieghoff, stock to fit, and everything in between. Personally, I own a 92FS and don't see why so many people got a bur up their collective ass about 'em.
Yes, a slide mount safety ain't the best, but in the 50+ thousand rounds I've put through mine, I've never had a failure to feed, return to battery, or eject/extract.
I just prefer a 1911 for carry-- it's smaller and more concealable than a USP or M9, not sacrificing size, accuracy, or caliber and having to deal with recoil.
Glock

Sorry--I'm just a man who will stand by a company that has always provided me with quality arms-- I'd join TJ on frowning on Kimber before scowling at a beretta...except maybe the Cougar...that was just a bad idea.
Come the Zombie apocalypse, I'll take a 93R over a mac or skorpion.

BUT--
the one thing I really like about THIS pistol is the ramped rear sight over the shaved mepros on the DW. And for 200 bucks less, I'll just have to wish for the kimpro finish.

Quote:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping a human face...forever" ~George Orwell
Old 09-03-2006

Cool

Cool for you Armorer, it's a nice pistol.
Old 09-03-2006

Default I know...

But having over 12 years with a USP by my side, coupled with my negative experiences with the M9, I'll take a straight-up 1911A1 (even) over that Beretta nonsense.

Caliber notwithstanding.

Being large enough as a person at 5'10" and 195, I'll carry a USP .45ACP over any 1911. Concealment isn't a problem for me. I'll take 15 shots at the Pinata over 8 any day.

If you can't beat them, join them. Then beat them. Barring that, arrange to have them beaten.
Old 09-03-2006

Default Isn't Kimber having reliability issues lately?

Oh, on a side note: Beretta rocks.

And if you don't want to go Beretta 'cause you want .45 firepower, there's always Tanfoglio (EAA for you American prophanes). Also, for the 1911 lovers out there, ADC (Armi Dallera Custom) make great 1911-style custom guns, possibly the best in the emisphere (unfortunately A LOT over my financial possibilities as for the price). Not to mention that 1911-style pistols are also manufactured by MATEBA (yes, -THAT- MATEBA).
There are a lot of reasons to buy Italian.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack

Old 09-03-2006

Exclamation

Too don't forget Valtro with now Valtro-USA...

http://www.valtrousa.com

Old 09-03-2006
Administrator

I like Valtro-- but finding one is still kind of hard these days.
I still stand by my Berettas.
I maybe 5'11" 165lbs, but the 92FS feels like a hammer hanging on my hip.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2006

Just for a note, "Valtro-USA" is the US-based importer of Italian-made VALTRO STOCCHETTA SRL products. VALTRO if Italy itself has no website, VALTRO-USA does.

And, ARMORER, if you are concerned of your Beretta's weight, mind that pistols like the Beretta 9000, the PX4-Storm and the 90-TWO have considerably reduced weight due to their reduced dimensions and polymer frame.
"It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself, when he is the constant victim of brutal attacks. It is legal and lawful to own a shotgun or a rifle. We believe in obeying the law." -- Malcolm X

"We (atheists) act in good conscience because we believe in moral principles, not because we expect a reward in Heaven." -- Margherita Hack